The Tuscon Citizen is running a story about the purchase of a pacemaker on eBay. And I quote:
"A stolen pacemaker bought off eBay and implanted in the chest of an Arizona heart patient is raising questions about the burgeoning online market for medical devices and the regulations designed to keep patients safe."
This is raising questions? I should hope so. I thought of a question of my own: would you trust your hospital if it bought your pacemaker off eBay?
Lawyers acting for the medical group hospital who bought the device are quoted as saying: "There was nothing unethical about this purchase". I tell you what guys. From now on all the bloodsucking lawyers get the used pacemakers off eBay and the rest of us will have new ones, if that's all right with you.
Saturday, March 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment