The two posts I wrote on Tuesday containing the term "Scoble" (Google Juice and Trying to understand PubSub) appeared in my "PubSub:Scoble" feed late onTuesday night although I didn't notice that fact until this morning (Wednesday). I'm guessing they both appeared in Robert Scoble's "PubSub:Scoble" feed as well. I know at least one of them did because Robert picked up on my Trying to understand PubSub post and re-posted it to his link blog.
So I was semi-Scobleized! I have invented (at least I think I have invented) the term "semi-Scobleized" to refer to being re-posted in the link blog rather than getting a full post in the Scobleizer (his main blog).
So what is the impact of being semi-Scobleized? Well the first noticeable impact was that I appear to have joined the top 75% of link ranked blogs as far as PubSub is concerned because the PubSub feed for my own name started to work - with the first post it sent me being the entry in Robert's link blog. It's not possible to know that for sure as PubSub's linkranks are offline at present.
What I do know for sure is that my Technorati ranking has gone from 1,099,837 to 654,693 in just 24 hours. For that, and before I forget to say it, thank you Robert Scoble. I appreciate it.
Interestingly, being semi-Scobleized does not appear to have brought any traffic to my blog, based on the only measure I have on Blogger which is whether anyone leaves comments. Having breifly tried MSN Spaces before settling for now on Blogger, one feature I really did like on Spaces was the statistics feature. There's just no way to get a handle on my readership on Blogger.
I must admit I'm enjoying the learning process. I feel like a geek again.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment