Sunday, March 20, 2005

These are the voyages of...

Hello world. One Two. One Two. Receiving?

It was during the Christmas break when I found myself with time to spare, for once, that I finally learnt about the blogosphere. Boy, have I been missing a trend or what?

I don't think in my own mind that I've decided what it may ultimately mean to me, but I do know I've learnt a lot in a short time. Geting to grips with RSS was relatively straightforward and I've pretty much settled on the Newsgator Outlook Edition as my aggregator.

Like Robert Scoble, as he mentioned in the podcast of his talk at the Northern Voice Canadian Blogging conference, I pretty much live in Outlook and it makes sense to me to be able to read my feeds offline. Scoble's talk was titled "How I read 1000 weblogs a day". I don't think Robert has anything to fear from me though, I'm only up to a paltry 70 feeds. I really enjoy listening to that podcast, so much so, I even burned a copy on CD so I can listen to it in the car.

No comments: