Okay... so this morning I've learnt a lot more about Technorati. And I've had a lot more success understanding how it works compared with PubSub. And it's definitely indexing my site because I can search for posts I've written and it finds them. Kewl.
I can also set-up watchlists on Technorati which operate in a similar manner to subscriptions on Pubsub and I can subscribe to the watchlist as an RSS feed. Way Kewl.
The only aggravating thing I found about Technorati was that if I set up a watchlist for 'Steve Newson' it finds posts containing 'Steve' and 'Newson' rather than 'Steve Newson'. It turns out that Paris Hilton had a 'Newson' (called Gavin) and a 'Steve' on her contacts list that was recently hacked and sprayed around the internet.
One really nice feature of Technorati that I also implemented was Searchlet (which is still Beta), so if you view this blog on the net, in the sidebar, I have a search tool for my blog. Technorati rocks!
UPDATE: I found my Technorati ranking. It's 1,099,837. I shall monitor that over the coming weeks and see if I can make it move at all.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment