Thursday, March 24, 2005

News at Ten. Semi-Scobleization to end!

So I get semi-scobleized (see my post where I think I invent the term for appearing in Robert Scoble's link blog) and within hours Robert announces the link blog is to be no more. It is ceasing to be. It is an ex-blog.

Whilst I will miss it as a resource we should not overly mourn it's passing. Personally I pay more attention to the Scobleizer than the link blog and as Robert himself points out there are many more ways to find things of interest to you in the blogosphere than when he started up the link blog. I've written about two of them myself in the last week: PubSub and Technorati. Learning about Technorati Watch Lists and PubSub Subscriptions is one way that we can all fill the void for ourselves.

And to be fair what I really like about Robert Scoble isn't his link blog. It's what he writes. And the way that he writes it. It's the passion and the humour with which he writes. And the basic humanity of the man. Long may the Scobleizer continue.

Robert could always export his list of newsgator subscriptions to an OPML file and make the file available to any masochist who wants to take up the challenge of reading 1000 blogs a day.

No comments: