Thursday, March 24, 2005

FeedMap

I played this morning with an interesting blog application from Chandu Thota called FeedMap that uses MapPoint to display blog locations. I created my own BlogMap and it's now integrated into my Steve Newson DOT NET blog as a sidebar item.

There are nine bloggers on my BlogMap considered nearby. There is a local hotbed of blogging not far from Nuneaton which I have worked out is probably an educational establishment as four of the nine bloggers are co-located at the same spot and they mostly profile as students. They have a common geo-code of 52.5271531704437 but I can't find a way to do a reverse lookup of geo-code to get an address.

There are a total of 134 bloggers mapped in the UK, but surprisingly given the reported number of bloggers in the USA only 1517 have created a FeedMap. The UK is second to the USA, Canada comes in third with 127 bloggers, with the Netherlands fourth with 104 bloggers.

No comments: