Trevor Romain writes a truly inspirational blog.
I just read a post he wrote yesterday.
He wrote a paragraph that made me stop and think:
I could have taken Mr. Red Coat’s anger with me and passed it on to other people, but I decided not to. It was a conscious decision. I did not permit him to ruin my day. If he wants to treat people the way he does, that’s his decision and only he can decide to change it. But one thing is for certain. I was not about to let him decide how I was going to spend the rest of my trip.
I kind of understand the sentiment and I wish I could be more like this more often. I'm the kind of person who wears their heart on their sleeve and I find that others can easily ruin my day. I consider myself a logical personality type but the trouble with my emotional side is that it's not logical enough to get me to the point where it does not permit the influence of others. I sometimes wish I could achieve a "mind like water" state and be a bit more Zen in my approach to life.
I think, on balance, I'm fated to continue to be my usual angst ridden, neurotic self.
Sunday, March 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment