Sunday, November 12, 2006

MediaFire free file hosting...

I'm trying out the free file hosting service at MediaFire, and I'm using it to share the mind map files that I talked about in my previous post.

Creating an account is as simple as providing your email address and picking a password.

Uploading couldn't be simpler and the service provides unlimited uploads / downloads and unlimited file sizes, for free (it's all ad supported). The upload progress page is quite spiffy:



and they make the process of sharing your file once uploaded as easy as can be...


I don't want to sound like the prophet of doom, but I've seen a number of these services come and then migrate to a pay service. Bottom line - I hope MediaFire manages to secure enough ad revenue to provide a basic free service in it's current form ad infinitum.

As it stands this is a great, no-nonsense, file hosting service.

Tags: ,

No comments: