I've been trying out tagging on my blog, figuring it's one of the tech trends I ought to take up but my experimenting is not going well.
I read a couple of blog posts on the basics of tagging, and then the Technorati help pages. I use the tag search page on Technorati to see if the tags I am going to use exist and take the html code straight from the helpful "this code" function on the results page. I paste that straight into my post (using the Edit Html screen on Blogger).
I've even manually pinged Technorati even though the guide on pinging says that Blogger automatically pings Technorati if your Blogger blog is configured correctly. I've checked and I'm configured as described in the Technorati help page on pinging.
A few hours later and my posts are not appearing on the Technorati search pages for the tags I've used. Hmmmm. It shouldn't be this hard. Stuff like this should just work, especially when you follow all the help.
I wonder if Dave Sifry or one of the Technorati team is around on New Years Day and can point out where I'm going wrong? I know that Robert Scoble and some of the Google guys have been playing ping pong with a meme on working long hours. Let's see if Technorati can take the crown?
Technorati Tags: technorati, tags, tagging, Dave Sifry, Robert Scoble, scoble
[UPDATE:] Well, nobody left a comment or emailed me, but everything now appears to be working fine. Even a slighly older post (from 12 days ago) has appeared correctly on the tag search page. If someone at Technorati did fix this, thank you, I appreciate it and thanks for doing it on a holiday!
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment