I just read Shel Israel over at Naked Conversations talking about Geek Dinners versus Blogger Dinners. I think Shel's main point is that the term "Blogger Dinner" is probably a more accurate label in terms of who turns up to these events, and it's certainly a more inclusive term.
Maryam Scoble recently wrote "The non-geeks survival guide for geek dinners". Maryam makes the point that attendees at "Geek" Dinners do have more to talk about that just geek stuff, but has some good strategies for what happens when the conversation just gets too geeky.
I left a comment on Maryam's blog to the effect that she'd kind of convinced me to maybe come to the next "geek" dinner in London. I read Scobleizer, gapingvoid and the blogs of a number of others who attend the "geek" dinners but I'm not a real tech geek. I do share a number of interests with them: GTD, Mind Mapping, Blogging, technology & it's impact on culture and as Maryam rightly points out there's always ways to have a conversation.
Having read Shel's post I'm even more convinced. I've started mind mapping my personal "Goals for 2006". I've added an objective to attend a Blogger Dinner before the end of the year.
Bonus Link: Here's my recent post about Naked Conversations.
Technorati Tags: shel israel, naked conversations, maryam scoble, mind mapping, robert scoble, gapingvoid
Monday, January 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment