Sunday, January 01, 2006

GTD and good procrastination

I just read an essay on procrastination that struck some chords with me and given where the link came from I immediately starting relating the essay to GTD. Some key points:

(1) There is a form of procrastination that's good. It's where you're not working on something because you're working on something more important.

(2) I might be getting things done but are they the right things?

(3) "Any advice about procrastination that concentrates on crossing things off your to-do list is not only incomplete, but positively misleading, if it doesn't consider the possibility that the to-do list is itself a form of .... procrastination. In fact, possibility is too weak a word. Nearly everyone's is. Unless you're working on the biggest things you could be working on, you're .... procrastinating, no matter how much you're getting done."

(4) What is your most important issue / problem? Are you working on it? Why not?

These are points I definitely need to try and incorporate into my weekly review.

Via: [David Allen]

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: