Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It's a small, but uplifting, world

Reading "A Welsh View" this morning there was a post linking to the 25 most interesting webcams of 2005. One of the winners is PandaCam. I find it hard to disagree with the blurb at EarthCam, this has to be one of the most of the heartwarming webcams on the internet. I spent an uplifting hour or so this afternoon just watching Tai Shan playing in his feed tub.

The webpage also pointed out a forthcoming program on Animal Planet titled "A Panda is born" which follows the National Zoo's recent giant panda breeding efforts, culminating in Tai Shan's birth. I've set the Sky Plus Box (a UK version of TiVo) to record the program, it promises to be one of the highlights of the Christmas TV season.

The airing is at 7pm on New years Day in the UK, the webage says New Years Eve which I presume refers to when the program airs in the US.

No comments: