I received an email today from someone new to MindManger asking for "my opinion on the best method / resource to become proficient." I thought it would be worthwhile sharing the answer here on my blog.
(1) If you're new to mind mapping then I'd recommend reading some Tony Buzan material such as "Use Your Head".
(2) You can get a copy of my mind mapped book notes on "Use Your Head" here:
http://stevenewson.blogspot.com/2006/06/use-your-head.html
(3) The product itself comes with a pretty good learning center that contains some excellent built in animated tutorials.
(4) Mindjet have some additional animated tutorials online.
(5) I didn't go this route myself but the Mindjet site also has links to training resources including computer based training, open seminars and Mindjet certified trainers.
(5) I bought the MindManager for Dummies book [which was written for MindManager 5 and does not yet appear to have been updated for MindManager 6]
(6) I joined the MindManager group on Yahoo and downloaded the maps in the files area and looked at how others were using the product. [Andrew Wilcox, a frequent contributor to the group, offers MindManager training and online coaching.]
(7) I search the internet for MindManager maps, download them and look at how others are building maps
(8) I subscribe to the Mindjet newsletter and Mindjet blog to pick up hints and tips
(9) I use Technorati to find and subscribe to blogs about MindManager.
(10) I also use Technorati watchlists for "Mind Mapping" and "MindManager" so pick up on mentions of these terms in the blogosphere
Ok, so I lied about there being just ten ways, here's a bonus tip...
(11) Brett Bumeter, who I "met" through MindManager group on Yahoo writes intelligently about MindManager, as well as the latest trends in Knowledge Management, software and gadgets over at Maven Mapper's Information.
Please leave a comment if you have other suggestions to add to the list....
Tags: Mindjet, MindManager, Mind Mapping, information visualization
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment