I was pondering blog posts I might write this weekend as I was driving home tonight and I was thinking about a kind of "whatever happened to
PubSub" article. I came up with the idea as I was thinking about the things going on in the blogosphere as I began to take part in it back in
March 2005. PubSub was a big thing back then,
Robert Scoble seemed to mention them in every third or fourth of his posts, and they had the potential to be huge. The space they could have occupied is today filled by
Technorati, in particular the watchlists feature. Today Technorati is almost as big a part of my daily online experience as Google and I suspect the same might be true for a great number of bloggers.
Before settling down to write I was checking out my feeds only to find out that TDavid over at
"Things that... make you go hmmm" links to a
Techcrunch post reporting that:
Blog search engine PubSub had massive layoffs today after last minute merger discussions with knownow fell apart. It looks like a shutdown is imminent.
C'est la vie.
Tags:
PubSub,
Technorati,
Robert Scoble,
TDavid,
TechCrunch
No comments:
Post a Comment