Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Second Life substituting for real life?

Halley Suitt poses a good question....
do the people who are all excited about Second Life actually have a first life, or any life at all?
Given that Robert Scoble, Kent Newsome and Eric Rice are three names that spring to mind immediately as people excited about Second Life then I'd have to conclude the answer is that at least some of the excited people do have a first life.

On the other hand I've always thought there's an element of addictive personality traits involved in being a geek and I'm sure there will be some who cross the line. In these cases Second Life will be a substitute for real life. Life, all life, is like that. There's the majority who tend to find a balance but at the ends of the spectrum there are people who get it all horribly wrong.

Tags: , , , ,

No comments: