I'm basically a fan of Technorati. I think Dave Sifry is one of the most responsive CEO's I've ever come across. The functionality that Technorati advertises is functionality that I want. And I can see why I'd want to use [at least some of] the new features that keep coming along.
If you're expecting me to say "but" about now you'd be quite right. As self-appointed evangelist Kent Newsome puts it, the reliability factor is hurting Technorati.
The problems that I keep experiencing are:
(1) Disapearing Links: this morning Technorati reports that I have 11 links from 8 sites. The page then lists only 4 links.
(2) Assuming my Technorati ranking is related to the number of sites that link to me, my ranking hasn't moved in weeks, despite the fact that all my still visible links are less than a week old.
(3) Search and Tag Search are frequently unavailable at peak time as demand outstrips the site's capability to supply. Tag Search is very important to me when I'm writing and tagging my posts.
I think the Technorati blog should be keeping us in the picture about what's in the pipeline to address these issues. It's not like Technorati doesn't know about the tools to keep abreast of what the blogosphere is saying about them. They can't argue that they don't have the tools to respond to what is being said. So why the silence?
I really like what Technorati have done, what they have achieved and they are an important part of my daily experience of the internet and blogosphere. To stay that way they will need to get it together soon.
Tags: Technorati, Kent Newsome, Dave Sifry.
Friday, March 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment