Sunday, November 08, 2009

Life feels good - I hope it's not a bubble

I’ve been dog walking at Wiccaweys. I spent the morning with Ollie and the afternoon with Paddy. Ollie is wonderful to walk; he’s not one of the high energy pullers so once we settled in he was the perfect walking companion. I set my iPhone on shuffle and mellowed out for a couple of hours. This is Ollie:

After lunch I switched over to Paddy. Pre-warned that he was a puller I was ready for him but he still almost managed to pull me over before we’d even left the yard area. Paddy might be high energy but he’s also a real love. When I stopped for a sit, I got a right royal cuddle session; although this partially driven by his desire to find the pocket holding the gravy bones. As it had rained overnight the ground was a bit damp and a little muddy; so my clothes are covered in muddy paw prints pretty comprehensively from shoulder to knee. Good job I’m using a set of old clothes exclusively for the task and they go straight in the washing machine as a job lot when I get home. This is Paddy:

I love that eye patch look although I’m partial to Collies with “naughty spots”.

After the upheaval of the last several months, life feels good again. I’m completely off the anti-depressants and feeling really good about that. Am starting to do something about the weight that I gained whilst on the anti-depressants. I’ve made a very conscious switch from buggering about to trying to remove the majority of sugar from my diet. I have NO full fat coke in the fridge, have replaced the bowl of sugar for tea and coffee with Splenda and have only a very limited amount of sweets / chocolate in the house. I think I am finally following the advice I was given by my doctor when first diagnosed as diabetic – everything in moderation. Between that, the exercise from the dog walking and the Wii Fit Plus I’m trying to take better care of myself.

Posted via email from stevenewson's posterous

1 comment:

LSL said...

Beautiful, beautiful pups. And I'm glad to hear you're feeling some equilibrium again.