Sunday, February 05, 2006

Hugh, there's something wrong with this picture....

I notice that Hugh Macleod and Robert Scoble are at an interesting looking conference in Switzerland this week. Hugh is one of the most influential bloggers in the UK, Robert is referred to on the conference website as Microsoft's Uberblogger.

I did a quick search around the globe for blogging conferences. The list I've come up with isn't intended to be a complete or comprehensive. I didn't for example include Gnomedex, which I'd love to attend, but doesn't to the best of my knowledge, have a primary focus on the blogosphere. I'm sure I've missed a load of others but check this out:

USA

The RSS Summit
BlogHer
MeshForum
Blog Business Summit
BloggerCon
Syndicate Conference
BlogOn

Canada

Northern Voice

Paris, France

Les Blogs

Geneva, Switzerland

LIFT (Life, Ideas, Futures, Together)

Copenhagen, Denmark

Reboot

Vienna, Austria

BlogTalk Reloaded

Hugh, there's something wrong with this picture. I don't want to upset the folks who ran Global Voices which is a conference with a blogging theme but, correct me if I'm wrong, it has a very specific focus and isn't what you might call a general conference about blogging.

So I'm wondering what the problem is. Is it that we're not getting it? Is it that we're getting it slower than the rest of the world? Have we not reached the tipping point in the UK yet?

Most importantly are we, as a country, in serious danger of missing the cluetrain / hughtrain?

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: