Sunday, October 11, 2009

What a difference a day makes...

This cheeky chappy is Brynn, one of three border collies I took for a walk today as a volunteer dog walker at the Wiccaweys border collie rescue centre.

Right now every muscle in my body aches from about 5 hours of non stop walking. My clothes are covered in mud and dog poop. But these dogs are magical creatures. When Brynn and I stopped about half way into his second walk I sat down on the grass and I swear to you that dog gave me a hug, a cuddle and in true collie style a wet kiss.

I also met Martha Jones, a bit of an old relic like myself. We thoroughly enjoyed more what you'd call a stroll than a walk. I could tell Martha was enjoying it when half way round her walk she prestented her belly to me for a good rub.

Charlie was the third dog I met. Far too much energy for me, but what a playful character.

What an awesome day!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from stevenewson's posterous

2 comments:

LSL said...

What a beautiful dog, and what a great way to spend your time. Good for you!

Wiccaweys said...

Glad you enjoyed your day Steve. :)
Collies are very good at soothing the soul. See you Sunday.
Brynn will be waiting.....