I spotted an interesting tip on Lifehacker about using Google Docs & Spreadsheets to convert documents to PDF format. In a nutshell the tip involving uploading your document into Google Docs (directly from your drive or by emailing the document to your account) and then using the "Save As" feature to convert the document to PDF and download.
I know that the original source article for the Lifehacker posting mentions that this method overcomes the need to buy expensive PDF tools or install any virtual PDF printer drivers but I'd question what's wrong with a virtual PDF printer driver when a tool like PDF Creator is quicker once installed (which takes about as long as getting your first file up on Google Docs), will convert anything you can print from so it doesn't limit you to documents and spreadsheets and is yours to own for the low, low price of absolutely free (although this is such a gem that you might consider donating). PDF creator is high on the list of "must have" applications on any machine I'm going to work on for any length of time.
What's on your "must have" list?
Tags: Personal Productivity, Lifehacker, Google Docs, Google Docs & Spreadsheets, PDF Creator
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment