Last night, Linda and I went to see The Da Vinci Code starring Tom Hanks and Audrey Tatou. The reviews have been pretty negative but I have to say we found it to be an excellent film and if you liked the book I'd definitely recommend it.
Tom Hanks has taken a fair amount of stick and to be fair he did look a little stilted, particularly in the early part of the story, but I think he was acting the role - of a bookish professor drawn into a murder mystery, a character a little out of his depth but doing his best to deal with the puzzles presented to him.
I think Ron Howard did a terrific job of bringing a complex plot to the big screen and I didn't walk out trying to work out what was missing from the book. This makes for a long movie but to be honest when I worked out we'd been in the cinema nearly three hours our first thought was about how fast the time had passed.
As for the controversy over the some of the ideas woven into the plot, when did we forget that fiction is a creation that does not represent actuality but has been invented?
Tags: Da Vinci Code
Monday, May 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment